How To Make Dairy-Free Mac And Cheese
Add vegan cheese or make your own non-dairy version at home using nuts and almond milk.
If your system can’t handle gluten but you can tolerate other grains, consider using a quinoa noodle.
- 12 oz quinoa noodles
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Gluten-free pasta tends to cook more quickly than its wheat-filled counterpart, so pay close attention to the minimum cooking time (cooking it too long will cause extreme mushiness).
- As the pasta cooks, combine the raw cashews and almond milk in a blender or food processor.
- Once thoroughly combined, add in the rest of the ingredients and blend again.
- When the pasta is done, drain and return it to the pot.
- Add the sauce from the food processor to the noodles and cook over medium heat for three to five minutes, stirring occasionally and allowing the sauce to thicken.