How To Make Delicious Kale Chips
The bold, pungently flavored superfood can made be into an excellent chip. Toss some kale strips with olive oil, add sea salt and black pepper, and bake in your own oven.
- 1/2 bunch kale leaves, no stems
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Nutritional yeast (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove leaves from kale and tear into bite-size pieces.
- Wash and spin or pat the leaves until completely dry.
- Add kale to a bowl and thoroughly coat with the coconut or olive oil.
- Sprinkle on the sea salt and nutritional yeast and toss.
- Lay the kale onto the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotate the pan, and cook for 12-15 minutes more until the kale starts to look shrunken.
- Cool the kale for a few minutes and enjoy sooner than later, as the chips can lose crispness over time.