How To Make Healthy Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Again, this isn’t for every day. But if you’re going to indulge, this removes a lot of the guilt.
- 1 cup unsalted chunky almond butter, well stirred
- 2/3 cup Stevia
- 1 free-range or omega-3 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3-6 oz dark unsweetened chocolate, 80% cacao or greater
- 1/2 to 1 cup almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients.
- Add almond flour, starting with the ½ cup measure until a doughy consistency is reached.
- Add chocolate.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheet for five minutes, then remove to wire rack and cool for 15 more minutes. Let the flavor explode in your mouth.