Let’s Make Sweet & Sour Crispy Chicken Wings
Brandi Mackenzie is back with another recipe that’ll make you question how something so flavorful can still be so good for you. Check out her sweet & sour crispy chicken wings!
- 2 pounds Chicken Wings
- 2 tablespoons Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil (flavorless), softened
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Aminos
- 2 teaspoons Ume Plum Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Hudson’s Bay spice blend*
- 1 teaspoon Sugar Free Fish Sauce2-3 cloves minced garlic, optional
- 1/4 cup+ XCT Oil or Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 450F degrees.
- Cut wings to separate between forearm and upper arm, leaving tip in tact. Toss in coconut oil and place on parchment lined sheet pan. Cook until crispy, 45-60 minutes.
- Combine all sauce ingredients, except oil, into a large bowl. Whisk in oil.
- Transfer sauce to a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer at medium-low heat. Cook for 20 minutes, until reduced to a molasses-thick sauce.
- Remove from pan and place back in to large bowl.
- Once wings are crispy, remove from oven. Toss in large bowl, with sauce, while still warm.
- Serve immediately over greens and eat with your fingers. Enjoy!
*If you avoid seed spices on your Autoimmune Paleo diet, you may substitute this blend with a pinch (about 1/8 teaspoon) of each: garlic powder, onion powder, dried rosemary and dried thyme.