How To Make Paleo Cashew Butter Brownies That Your Friends Will Drool Over
Kudos to Brandi Mackenzie for concocting this delicious paleo brownie recipe. Brandi created a healing system after repairing her own body from Crohn’s disease, and offers lifestyle and nutrition guidance and coaching through her personal blog, BrandiMackenzie.com.
- 1 Cup of Cashew Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Mojo OR Cacao Powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
*use 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips if substituting unsweetened cacao powder
- Pre-heat oven to 325F degrees. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
Note: If you have a stand mixer, use that for ease. Otherwise, all can be combined by hand.
- Place cashew butter in a mixing bowl and whisk until oil is blended well and butter is light with air. Add egg, then vanilla and honey; continue whisking until fully incorporated.
- Combine cocoa, salt and baking soda. Add into cashew butter mixture.
- Lastly, fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 25-35 minutes, until slightly firm, but still with a little jiggle. This time will vary based on your oven, the type of butter used and the amount of oil in the butter.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least ten minutes before serving.