How To Make Sweet Potato Fries
Enter the nutrient-dense sweet potato. Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin A and beta-carotene and are naturally anti-inflammatory.
If ordering these, ask about preparation and steer away from those fried in regular vegetable oil. They’re extremely simple to prepare at home, too.
- 3 long, medium sweet potatoes, washed and peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into even widths and lengths.
- Toss in a large bowl with the oil and spices.
- Lay evenly on a cookie sheet so that the fries can cook uniformly.
- Cook for 15 minutes and then toss so the other side can cook.
- If needed, add more spices and oil.
- Cook for 15 more minutes, or to desired crispness.